Born in Taipei, Taiwan, I-Ching Lao moved to the United States with her family when she was five years old and grew up in York, Pennsylvania. She graduated cum laude from Philadelphia College of Textiles & Science with a Bachelor's of Science degree in Fashion Design and a minor in Illustration.
She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, their fluffy dog Adelaide, and their two cats Evel & Fury.
❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖
L.A. Exhibits and Publications:
- We Heart P-22: A Coloring + Activity Book - contributing artist, September 2017.
- Origami Springtime - an in-room Art Drawer installation at the newly renovated Barn Building of Farmer's Daughter Hotel, March 2017
- Moo-seum - an in-room Art Box installation at Farmer's Daughter Hotel, September 2016
- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: A Cheap Art Show - Farmer's Daughter Hotel, June 18, 2015
- Los Angeles 2018 Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Cultural Guide
- Los Angeles 2017 Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Cultural Guide
- Los Angeles 2015 Asian & Pacific Islander American Heritage Month Cultural Guide
- Los Angeles 2014 Asian & Pacific Islander American Heritage Month Cultural Guide
- SMASH Arts & Letters Sale to benefit Santa Monica Alternative School House - Streetcraft L.A., Feb 2014
- Women of Juárez art auction to benefit Amigos de las Mujeres de Juárez and Casa Amiga - UCLA Fowler Museum of Cultural History, Nov 2003
Costume Design and Art Dept/Production Assistance:
- Too Loud A Solitude, dir. Genevieve Anderson; short film
- The Final Member, dir. Zach Math & Jonah Bekhor; documentary
- The Bird Trilogy, dir. Sally E. Dean; 2005 Prague Fringe Festival
- Marley's Ghost, dir. Matthew Bretz; Circle X Theatre
- The Lysistrata Project, prod. Gleason Bauer; Circle X Theatre
- Simone, dir. Sally E. Dean; 2002 Mae West Fest, Seattle